Foreigners Students Documents


Foreign students will only be enrolled in the postgraduate courses by submitting the National Register of Foreigners or RNE protocol and the Individual Taxpayer Identification Card (CPF) or protocol with the CPF number, as well as presenting the student visa.

Foreign students who carry out studies for more than one year must submit, each year, the RNE renewal protocol.

The Postgraduate Pro-Rectorate will not issue the diploma of the course if the defense happens in the period in which the student has the visa expired or with a tourist visa.

To apply for a student visa, please contact the Brazilian embassy in your country:

To schedule an application for RNE (National Registry of Foreigners):

For request of CPF:

The USP Agency for National and International Academic Cooperation (Aucani) aims to establish strategies for relations between USP, universities, public agencies and society, to support academic cooperation in teaching, research, culture and university extension, in the national and international spheres. AUCANI has a support service for foreign students and visitors, as well as Brazilian students and researchers wishing to travel abroad. This service (to regulate passports, visas, etc.) can be requested at the address:

USP International Cooperation Office

Avenida Prof. Lucio Martins Rodrigues, s/n – Travessa 4 – Bloco B – 4º andar
CEP: 05508-020
Cidade Universitária
São Paulo - SP | Brasil