Portuguese for Foreigners


Foreign students must demonstrate proficiency in Portuguese.

Those who are from countries that have the Portuguese as official language or individuals who hold undergraduate or postgraduate diplomas obtained in Portuguese-speaking countries are considered proficient in Portuguese.
In any other case, it's necessary the presentation of a certificate of proficiency in Portuguese for foreigners (CELPE-Bras), at least in intermediate level, provided by Superior Education Secretary - Ministry of education in Brazil.
The presentation of the certificate must occur up to 365 days after the start of student term count at masters or doctorate.