International Students


International students may enroll in the graduate courses only by presenting a student visa, the Foreigners National Registration (RNE - Registro Nacional de Estrangeiro) or RNE protocol and CPF or protocol with CPF number.

International students who intend to study for over a year, are required to present the RNE renewal protocol each year.

The Provost Office of Graduate Studies will not issue the course certificate if at the thesis defense:

  •   the student’s visa is expired;
  •   the student has a tourist visa.

To apply for a student visa, search for the Brazilian embassy in your country:

Schedule your RNE request:

Request the CPF:

Support for international students and visitors

The Commission for Nacional and International Cooperation (CCNI-IAG) offers support services for international students and visitors, as well as Brazilian students and researchers intending to travel abroad. This service may be requested at: 



Rua do Matão,1226 -Sala 303 Bloco Administrativo

CEP 05508-090 | Cidade Universitária - São Paulo - SP | Brazil

E-mail address:

Telephone numbers:

+55 11 3091-4694